Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK)
Step 2 assesses your application of medical knowledge, skills, and understanding of clinical science essential for the provision of patient care under supervision. Step 2 also ensures a foundation for the safe and competent practice of medicine.
- Step 2 CK is a one-day examination divided into two dimensions: physician task and disease categories
- Content is divided into blocks and formats may vary within each block
- The total number of items will not exceed 318 items
- 60 minutes are allotted for the completion of each block
- Test takers have a minimum of 45 minutes of break time and a 15- minute optional tutorial